I went a cheaper route, printing regular 4"x6" food photos from the blog to create a sort of matrix collage that adds up to one larger wall hanging. I just used little pieces of blue painter's tape, rolled up to function as double-sided tape, on each of the four corners of each photo. I arranged the photos in roughly rainbow color order (from red in the top left to green-ish in the bottom right) beforehand, and then hung them up, using the bottom middle photo (the open-faced sandwiches) to frame the remaining photos around. I used a yard stick to make the even space between each row.
Here's how it looks in the room:
It's great fun to look at all these images, and think about the stories that go with them. It's like a retrospective of my last 10 months of blogging. Spot any of your favorite posts in there?
Here's a cheat sheet:
- Image 1: Vegetarian Borscht
- Image 2: Hasn't yet been posted! (zucchini leek pizza from a Halloween game night)
- Image 3: Scenes from the Farm
- Image 4: Curry Tofu Salad
- Image 5: Afro-Caribbean Global Meal
- Image 1: Skillet Enchilada Chilaquiles
- Image 2: Sungold Tomatoes! Delight!
- Image 3: Hasn't yet been posted! (Lots of squash used to make stuffed squash)
- Image 4: Sweet Tomatoes
- Image 5: Not yet posted (Brunch at Sophia's)
- Image 1: The Variety of Apples
- Image 2: Vientiane Palace
- Image 3: Full Bellies and Hearts
- Image 4: Grist Post #2
- Image 5: Not yet posted (my plate at SK's birthday brunch)
- Image 1: Full Bellies and Hearts
- Image 2: Mama's Food
- Image 3: Summer Picnic Pesto
- Image 4: Concerts on the Square
- Image 5: Caretaking with soup and salad