D&O as Wall Art

We recently did a bit of rearranging in our bedroom, which opened up some wall space.  In thinking about what to hang there to add some color to our room, I was inspired by my Mom's recent redecorating. She, being a devoted Dining and Opining fan, found a few images from the blog that she loved, had them blown up and printed, and then framed them for some walls in my parents' house.

I went a cheaper route, printing regular 4"x6" food photos from the blog to create a sort of matrix collage that adds up to one larger wall hanging. I just used little pieces of blue painter's tape, rolled up to function as double-sided tape, on each of the four corners of each photo.  I arranged the photos in roughly rainbow color order (from red in the top left to green-ish in the bottom right) beforehand, and then hung them up, using the bottom middle photo (the open-faced sandwiches) to frame the remaining photos around. I used a yard stick to make the even space between each row.

Here's how it looks in the room:


It's great fun to look at all these images, and think about the stories that go with them. It's like a retrospective of my last 10 months of blogging. Spot any of your favorite posts in there?
Here's a cheat sheet: 

Row 1:
Row 2:
Row 3:
Row 4:
Row 5:

Comments