Despite my infrequent posting around here as of late, I try not to let a month pass without a single post. So, a short post with some links to articles and recipes and opportunities in the food world.
Share links of your own in the comments!
Some recipes we've made and enjoyed recently, or are planning to use soon:
- General Tso's Sauce (plus added garlic and ginger and extra chili garlic sauce, served over baked tofu, broccoli, carrots, and rice)
- Baked Mac and Cheese (this much dairy and cheese makes this a company-only food for us)
- Creamy Wild Rice Soup (in the works for tonight, with pre-pressure-cooked wild rice)
- Cherry Cream Muffins (based on this recipe)
- Wanna write or do food photography for a a daily international food chronicle, The Rambling Epicure? Details here.
- Check out what my friend Mike Roy (Three Rule Ride) is eating in Yunnan, China one part of his bike ride across Asia: Yunnan Food, Part 2.
- Speaking of China, American meat processor Smithfield Foods is about to be bought by Shuanghui International, the largest pork processor in China, for $4.7 billion. NYT article: Needing Pork, China Is to Buy a U.S. Supplier
- Take action in support of GMO labeling! Connecticut is set to pass a GMO labeling but Governor Malloy (D-CT) and Speaker of the House Brendan Sharkey (D-Hamden) are trying to weaken it with an amendment to the House version of the bill.
- Two amazing spreads of nature photography from my talented friend Eric Portis: A Week in the Elks and Canyoneering. You don't want to miss these.
- The Wisconsin School Garden Initiative, for which I'm the new Communications Manager.
- From The Onion: After Careful Deliberation, Baby Goes With Homosexuality
- This: Fox Newswoman Lays Epic Smackdown On Fox Newsmen For Obvious And Blatant Misogyny