Big Project: Two of our closest Madison friends are getting married in about five weeks, and I've agreed to do most of the catering for their wedding, with 80 guests! Whew.
I have lots of cooking experience, but no experience preparing for a group of this size, so I think there will be a lot to figure out. We have a tentative menu set, so in the next few days, I'll be reviewing the resources I found and the thought processes I went through in order to come to this menu. But I'll also be trying to figure out things like delegating tasks, buying produce, keeping the entrees hot, transporting the supplies to the venue, and more!
The basics of the situation are thus:
- All-vegetarian menu
- Some vegan and gluten-free options needed
- Focus on appetizers, salads, sides that can be made ahead and can be kept at room temperature
- Entrees that have wide appeal and can be prepared relatively easily (but tastily!)
- No kitchen facilities of any sort on site at their venue (an partly-enclosed park pavilion)
- Buffet style
- Questions: How to keep things hot? Where to refrigerate all the supplies? What to use as servingware? How to serve all the food?
I'll take all the help I can get!