Today's menu choices:
- Savory crepes with braised poultry, wild grape redux, and greens.
- Sweet and spicy tahini with sliced apple and greens on house-made pitas.
- Beefy dumpling soup with aromatic vegetables.
- Chilled watermelon gazpacho, with a kick!!
- Ice Cream sandwich with shortbread cookies, Sassy Cow ice cream and apricot jam.
- Coffee, tea, and seaberry lemonade
Last week, the cafe had a sort of soft opening, and I was able to attend for a delicious lunch featuring local food, including dessert, for only $5!
I got a veggie sandwich with roasted squash, with side salads of beet and wheat berry, and of green been and potato:
And a delicious dessert of rich yogurt with baked granola and fruit:
I especially love the feel of this cafe, with its communal air and its mismatched dishware, which allowed my friend REM to drink water out of a glass that was a jar labeled "Beet Oil Drippings"!
If you're in the Madison area, come out to support the cafe, and then let me know how you liked it!