So, I'm really excited that Madison is now moving on a similar project, Food Enterprise & Economic Development (FEED) Kitchens, under the sponsorship of the Northside Planning Council of Madison.
FEED will be a a shared-use food processing kitchen and a food business incubator that will help aspiring entrepreneurs start and grow local food businesses, and help train potential bakery and foodservice workers to develop new marketable job skills. The kitchen plans to open in early 2012.
Sounds awesome, doesn't it?
To help raise the money to make this thing happen, FEED is having a Summer Solstice Event on June 21, with a silent auction. You should come!
But even if you aren't in Madison or can't be there, you can bid on the items online, through this site. There are some really awesome items up for bid like:
- A stay at the Arbor House, a local environmental bed and breakfast
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies!
- The From Asparagus to Zucchini cookbook
- A private workshop from Madison FarmWorks
- Romantic Gift Basket donated by A Woman’s Touch Sexuality Resource Center
Help make this dream a reality, and maybe I'll even end up using this awesome shared space (for canning projects? for my next wedding catering gig?)