Slow Food Madison Food Swap

Slow Food Madison is throwing a wonderful event next week: A Food Swap!


I unfortunately can't make it, but encourage local readers to attend. The ticket site indicates that there are only 22 tickets left. Reserve yours now!

Loyal Dining and Opining followers will remember that a few friends and I threw our own food swap a couple of years ago, which I described in this post. It was a real success and I've been wanting to see something like it at a bigger scale for several years now.

The details for the Slow Food event are as follows:
What: A Food Swap is an event where members of the community come together to trade homemade, homegrown, and foraged food with each other. Attendees directly trade their goods with one another as a way to diversify the foods in their pantries and make connections with other members of the local food community.

When: Monday, November 11th 6:00pm.  The event will probably last about 1.5-2 hours. 

Where: Goodman Center 149 Waubesa Street Madison, WI  -- ask at the desk which room

How: Reserve a free ticket and bring along as many/few items you would like to trade. Think home-canned goods, baked goods, fermented deliciousness, homemade beer, wine, or infusions, eggs from your backyard chickens, infused oils or vinegars, foraged dried or fresh herbs, sausages or home grown meats. Anything that you have created that is edible we would love to have you bring! Expect these items for sure, and much, much more:

    Garlic scape pickles
    Strawberry jam
    Pastured chicken
    Curried cauliflower pickles
    Homemade wine
    Pickled brussels sprouts
    Dilly beans
    Garlic powder

Comments

  1. I'm so excited to find new blogs, especially in the Fall. My cousin told me about yours and also one called "Cooking With Mr. C." which is on Facebook and is also a blog. I just "Liked" his page and came directly to your site. I'm so excited. My kids love when I find new blogs. Thank you. Corinne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment